Skip to main content

International Staff


Why We Hire International Staff

While many of our staff are returning campers, each summer we also play host to a solid community of staff from around the world. International staff are a critical part of our camp. They bring fresh perspectives, new energy and expose our campers to new people and ideas; all of which help make camp a better place.

We welcome all international staff applicants provided they meet our requirements and are able to communicate effectively in English.

PLEASE NOTE: We can only hire staff who are able to be at camp for the duration of the camp season. In 2023, the dates for staff will be from June 24 – August 17.

For most international staff, we will help you with arranging visas and work permits, however there will still be things you’ll need to take care of on your own.

There are a few things to consider before planning to work in or visit Canada:

Working Holiday Visa

In general, a Working Holiday Visa allows you to work and travel more casually in Canada. Most staff choose this over a Work Permit as it allows them the flexibility to travel before or after camp, or work elsewhere in Canada during their stay.

So long as you meet certain country-specific criteria, citizens of the following countries are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.

Citizens of the United States: Please contact us about what you’ll need to do to work in Canada.

Age limits are from 18-30 for most countries; 18-35 for citizens of Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland. Some countries’ programs specify that the applicant must be a full-time student; others do not, and some have separate programmes for students and non-students. The type of work allowed and the maximum duration of stay depends on the applicant’s country of residence.

Specific information for each country can be found on the International Experience Canada site.

Canadian Work Permits/Visas

In cases where you’re unable to get a Working Holiday Visa, we work with a partner agency to obtain camp-specific work permits. You will need to play an active role in securing these permits, by responding to requests for information from our partner. You may also need to travel to a Visa Application Centre in your home country to provide your Biometrics prior to travel. This permit will allow you to work only for Camp White Pine, for the duration specified in your contract. Usually the border officer who grants the work permit will allow you additional time to remain in Canada after the end of your work to travel and visit as a tourist. If not, you can apply to switch to a tourist visa near the end of your allowed stay for a cost of approximately $100 CAD.

Citizens of the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and most European nations are eligible for this permit. This permit is not available for citizens of many countries, including all African nations. Unfortunately, there are several YouTube videos that provide false and misleading information about this. Sadly, we cannot consider applicants from citizens of all African nations unless you are able to obtain your own work permit.

More Work Permit information at: Immigration Canada.